Sustainability as a concept describes development that is environmentally compatible and meets the needs of today without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs. That’s why we rely on paper as the sustainable base material for our packages. Its ecological advantages such as recyclability and compostability are crucial for our future. The increasing centralization of food supply involves hygienic and ecological problems when combined with the ever-growing global population and their needs. Thus, we believe that flexible paper packaging offers a reasonable solution.
- Paper is produced using renewable resources.
- Paper is 100% biologically degradable.
- Moreover, paper can be recycled up to seven times.
GSD Verpackungen is FSC®- and PEFC® certified and thus offers packaging that is based primarily on wood taken from forests which are sustainably managed, and is in line with its ecological, economical and social responsibilities. For more information contact the customer consultant responsible for your area or go to www.fsc-deutschland.de or www.pefc.de.
GSD Verpackungen supports the Klimaförderer Initiative in order to nurture the climate in Germany and thus protect the environment on the spot. Customers have the opportunity to participate in this project by inserting the corresponding logo. For more information contact the customer consultant responsible for your area or go to www.klimafoerderer.deerhältlich.
Other environmentally compatible factors:
- GSD Verpackungen strives to use short delivery routes in order to keep CO2 emissions as low as possible.
- GSD Verpackungen relies exclusively on water-based printing inks.
- GSD Verpackungen continuously strives to improve the life cycle assessment and environmental performance of its products.