Data protection declaration
Thank you very much for your interest in our company. Data protection is particularly important to the management of GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH. A use of the Internet pages of the GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH is basically possible without any indication of personal data. However, if a person concerned wishes to make use of special services of our company via our website, it may be necessary to process personal data. If the processing of personal data is necessary and there is no legal basis for such processing, we generally obtain the consent of the person concerned.
The processing of personal data, for example the name, address, e-mail address or telephone number of a person concerned, always takes place in accordance with the Basic Data Protection Regulation and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH. By means of this data protection declaration, our company wishes to inform the public about the type, scope and purpose of the personal data collected, used and processed by us. Furthermore, the persons concerned are informed of their rights by means of this data protection declaration.
GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH has implemented numerous technical and organisational measures as the person responsible for processing in order to ensure the most complete possible protection of personal data processed via this website. Nevertheless, Internet-based data transmissions can in principle have security gaps, so that absolute protection cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, every person concerned is free to transmit personal data to us by alternative means, such as telephone.
The data protection declaration of GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH is based on the legal terms used by the European directives and ordinances when the data protection basic ordinance (DS-GVO) was issued. Our data protection declaration should be easy to read and understand both for the public and for our customers and business partners. In order to guarantee this, we would like to explain the terms used in advance.
We use the following terms in this privacy statement, among others:
- a) personal dataPersonal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as the data subject). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more specific characteristics that are an expression of the physical, physiological, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
- b) Data subjectData subject means any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data are processed by the controller.
- c) ProcessingProcessing means any operation or set of operations which is carried out with or without the aid of automated processes and which relates to personal data, such as collection, recording, organisation, sorting, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or association, qualification, erasure or destruction.
- d) Limitation of processingLimitation of processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their future processing.
- e) ProfilingProfiling is any automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of such personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict aspects relating to the work performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, conduct, whereabouts or movement of that natural person.
- f) PseudonymisationPseudonymisation means the processing of personal data in such a way that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the provision of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures ensuring that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- g) Responsible person or person responsible for the processingThe responsible person or person responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data. Where the purposes and means of such processing are laid down by Union law or by the law of the Member States, the controller or controllers may be designated in accordance with Union law or with the law of the Member States on the basis of specific criteria.
- h) ProcessorProcessor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
- i) RecipientThe recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body to whom personal data are disclosed, whether or not that person is a third party. However, authorities which may receive personal data under a particular investigation mandate in accordance with Union law or the law of the Member States shall not be considered as recipients.
- j) Third partiesThird party means any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, the controller, the processor and the persons authorised to process the personal data under the direct responsibility of the controller or processor.
- k) ConsentConsent shall mean any voluntary, informed and unambiguous expression by the data subject of his or her will in the particular case, in the form of a statement or other unequivocal confirmatory act, indicating that he or she consents to the processing of his or her personal data.
2. The name and address of the person responsible for the processing operation
The person responsible within the meaning of the Basic Data Protection Regulation, other data protection laws applicable in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions of a data protection nature is the Data Protection Commissioner:
GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH
3. Name and address of data protection officer
The data protection officer of the data controller is:
VIA Consult GmbH & Co. KG
Any person concerned can contact our data protection officer directly at any time with any questions or suggestions regarding data protection.
The person concerned can prevent the setting of cookies by our website at any time by means of an appropriate setting of the Internet browser used and thus permanently object to the setting of cookies. Furthermore, cookies that have already been set can be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all common Internet browsers. If the person concerned deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be fully usable under certain circumstances.
5. Collection of general data and information
The website of GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH collects a series of general data and information each time the website is accessed by a person concerned or an automated system. These general data and information are stored in the log files of the server. The (1) browser types and versions used can be recorded, (2) the operating system used by the accessing system, (3) the website from which an accessing system accesses our website (so-called referrer), (4) the sub-sites which are accessed via an accessing system on our website, (5) the date and time of access to the website, (6) an Internet protocol address (IP address), (7) the Internet service provider of the accessing system and (8) other similar data and information used to avert dangers in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
When using this general data and information, GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH does not draw any conclusions about the person concerned. Instead, this information is required in order to (1) correctly deliver the contents of our website, (2) optimise the contents of our website and the advertising for it, (3) guarantee the long-term operability of our information technology systems and the technology of our website and (4) provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in the event of a cyber attack. This anonymously collected data and information is therefore evaluated by GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH both statistically and with the aim of increasing data protection and data security in our company in order to ultimately ensure an optimum level of protection for the personal data processed by us. The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by the person concerned.
6. Possibility to contact us via the website
The website of GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH contains, due to legal regulations, information that enables quick electronic contact with our company as well as direct communication with us, which also includes a general address of the so-called electronic mail (e-mail address). If a data subject contacts the data controller by e-mail or via a contact form, the personal data transmitted by the data subject is automatically stored. Such personal data transmitted voluntarily by a data subject to the data controller will be stored for the purposes of processing or contacting the data subject. This personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
7. Routine deletion and blocking of personal data
The controller shall process and store the personal data of the data subject only for the period of time necessary to achieve the storage purpose or where provided for by the European directive and regulation maker or another legislator in laws or regulations to which the controller is subject.
If the storage purpose no longer applies or if a storage period prescribed by the European directive and regulation giver or another competent legislator expires, the personal data shall be blocked or deleted routinely and in accordance with the statutory provisions.
8. Rights of the person concerned
- a) Right to confirmationEvery data subject shall have the right, granted by the European directive and regulation maker, to obtain from the controller confirmation as to whether personal data relating to him or her are being processed. If a data subject wishes to exercise this right of confirmation, he or she may at any time contact an employee of the controller.
- b) Right to informationAny person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation maker, to obtain at any time, free of charge, from the controller, information on the personal data relating to him which have been stored and a copy of that information. Furthermore, the European Data Protection Supervisor has granted the data subject access to the following information:
- the processing purposes
- the categories of personal data processed
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed, in particular recipients in third countries or international organisations
- if possible, the planned duration for which the personal data will be stored or, if that is not possible, the criteria for determining that duration
- the existence of a right to the rectification or erasure of personal data concerning him or her or to the limitation of the processing carried out by the controller or of a right to object to such processing
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority
- if the personal data are not collected from the data subject: All available information on the origin of the data
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, in accordance with Article 22(1) and (4) of the General Data Protection Regulation and, at least in these cases, meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended impact of such processing on the data subject
The data subject also has the right to know whether personal data have been transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. If this is the case, the data subject shall also have the right to obtain information on the appropriate safeguards in connection with the transfer.
If a data subject wishes to exercise this right of access, he or she may at any time contact an employee of the data controller.
- c) Right to rectificationAny person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation maker, to request the rectification without delay of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Furthermore, the data subject shall have the right, having regard to the purposes of the processing, to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary statement.
- d) Right to deletion (right to be forgotten)Any person data subject to the processing of personal data shall have the right, granted by the European directive and regulation, to require the controller to erase without delay personal data concerning him which are subject to one of the following conditions and to the extent that the processing is not necessary:
- The personal data have been collected for such purposes or processed in any other way for which they are no longer necessary.
- The data subject withdraws his consent on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 letter a DSGVO or Art. 9 para. 2 letter a DSGVO and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- The data subject objects to the processing under Article 21(1) DSGVO and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing or the data subject objects to the processing under Article 21(2) DSGVO.
- Personal data have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data is necessary to fulfil a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the data controller is subject.
- The personal data were collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8 (1) DSGVO.
If one of the above reasons applies and a person concerned wishes to have personal data stored at GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH deleted, he can contact an employee of the person responsible for processing at any time. The employee of GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH will arrange for the request for deletion to be complied with immediately.
If the personal data have been made public by GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH and if our company is responsible in accordance with Art. 17 Par. 1 DSGVO, GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH, taking into account the available technology and implementation costs, shall take appropriate measures, also of a technical nature, to inform other persons responsible for data processing who process the published personal data that the person concerned has requested the deletion of all links to this personal data or copies or replications of this personal data from these other persons responsible for data processing, insofar as the processing is not necessary. The employee of GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH will take the necessary steps in individual cases.
- e) Right to limitation of processingAny person data subject to the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation, to request the controller to limit the processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject for a period of time which allows the data controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful, the data subject refuses the deletion of the personal data and instead requests the restriction of the use of the personal data.
- The controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of processing, but the data subject needs them for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- The data subject has lodged an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 (1) DSGVO and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate reasons of the data controller outweigh those of the data subject.
If one of the above conditions is met and a person concerned wishes to request the restriction of personal data stored at GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH, he can contact an employee of the controller at any time. The employee of GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH will arrange for the processing to be restricted.
- f) Right to data transferabilityAny data subject involved in the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation, to obtain personal data concerning him or her which have been provided by the data subject to a controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format. It also has the right to communicate these data to another controller without being hindered by the controller to whom the personal data have been provided, provided that the processing is based on the consent referred to in Art. 6 para. 1 letter a DSGVO or Art. 9 para. 2 letter a DSGVO or on a contract referred to in Art. 6 para. 1 letter b DSGVO and the processing is carried out by automated means, provided that the processing is not necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority entrusted to the controller.Furthermore, when exercising his right to data transferability pursuant to Art. 20 para. 1 DSGVO, the data subject shall have the right to obtain that the personal data be transferred directly from one data controller to another data controller, insofar as this is technically feasible and insofar as this does not impair the rights and freedoms of other persons.
In order to assert the right to data transferability, the person concerned can contact an employee of GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH at any time.
- g) right of oppositionAny person data subject to the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation maker, to object at any time, for reasons relating to his particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning him on the basis of Article 6(1)(e) or (f) DSGVO. This also applies to profiling based on these provisions. GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH will no longer process the personal data in the event of an objection unless we can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing which outweigh the interests, rights and freedoms of the person concerned, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH processes personal data in order to conduct direct advertising, the person concerned has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data for the purpose of such advertising. This also applies to profiling insofar as it is connected with such direct advertising. If the person concerned objects to GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH’s processing for direct advertising purposes, GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH will no longer process the personal data for these purposes.
In addition, the data subject has the right, for reasons arising from his particular situation, to object to the processing of personal data concerning him by GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH for scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89(1) DSGVO, unless such processing is necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest.
In order to exercise the right to object, the person concerned may directly contact any employee of GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH or another employee. The person concerned is also free to exercise his right of objection in connection with the use of information society services, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC, by means of automated procedures in which technical specifications are used.
- h) Automated decisions in individual cases including profilingAny person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation, not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which gives him legal effect or significantly affects him in a similar way, provided that the decision (1) is not necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between the data subject and the data controller, or (2) is authorised by Union or national law or by the Member States to which the data controller is subject and which provides for adequate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms and the legitimate interests of the data subject, or (3) is taken with the express consent of the data subject.If the decision (1) is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between the data subject and the responsible person or (2) is made with the express consent of the data subject, GSD Verpackungen Gerhard Schürholz GmbH shall take appropriate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms as well as the legitimate interests of the data subject, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person on the part of the responsible person, to state his own position and to challenge the decision.
If the data subject wishes to exercise rights relating to automated decisions, he or she may at any time do so by contacting an employee of the controller.
- i) Right to revoke consent under data protection lawAny person concerned by the processing of personal data has the right, granted by the European directive and regulation, to withdraw his consent to the processing of personal data at any time. If the data subject wishes to exercise his right to withdraw his consent, he may do so at any time by contacting an employee of the controller.
9. Data protection for applications and in the application process
The data controller collects and processes the personal data of applicants for the purpose of processing the application procedure. Processing may also be carried out electronically. This is particularly the case if an applicant submits the relevant application documents electronically, for example by e-mail or via a web form on the website, to the data controller. If the data controller concludes an employment contract with an applicant, the data transmitted shall be stored for the purpose of processing the employment relationship in compliance with the statutory provisions. If the controller does not conclude a contract of employment with the applicant, the application documents shall be automatically deleted two months after notification of the rejection decision, unless deletion conflicts with any other legitimate interests of the controller. Other legitimate interests in this sense include, for example, the duty to provide evidence in proceedings under the General Equal Treatment Law (Allgemeines Gleichbehandlungsgesetz – AGG).
The data controller has integrated the Google Analytics component (with anonymisation function) on this website. Google Analytics is a web analysis service. Web analysis is the collection, collection and evaluation of data on the behaviour of visitors to Internet pages. A web analysis service collects data on, among other things, from which website a person concerned came to a website (so-called referrers), which subpages of the website were accessed or how often and for how long a subpage was viewed. A web analysis is mainly used to optimise a website and to analyse the costs and benefits of Internet advertising.
The operating company of the Google Analytics component is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
The data controller uses the addition “_gat._anonymizeIp” for the web analysis via Google Analytics. This addition is used by Google to shorten and anonymise the IP address of the Internet connection of the person concerned if our Internet pages are accessed from a member state of the European Union or from another state party to the Agreement on the European Economic Area.
The purpose of the Google Analytics component is to analyse the flow of visitors to our website. Google uses the data and information obtained, among other things, to evaluate the use of our website, to compile online reports for us showing the activities on our website and to provide other services in connection with the use of our website.
Google Analytics places a cookie on the information technology system of the person concerned. What cookies are has already been explained above. When the cookie is set, Google is able to analyse the use of our website. Each time you access one of the individual pages of this website, which is operated by the data controller and on which a Google Analytics component has been integrated, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the person concerned is automatically prompted by the respective Google Analytics component to transmit data to Google for the purpose of online analysis. As part of this technical process, Google obtains knowledge of personal data, such as the IP address of the person concerned, which Google uses, among other things, to track the origin of visitors and clicks and subsequently to enable commission statements.
The cookie is used to store personal information, such as the access time, the location from which an access originated and the frequency of visits to our website by the person concerned. Each time you visit our website, this personal data, including the IP address of the Internet connection used by the person concerned, is transmitted to Google in the United States of America. This personal data is stored by Google in the United States of America. Google may share this personal data collected through the technical process with third parties.
The person concerned can prevent the setting of cookies by our website at any time, as described above, by means of an appropriate setting of the Internet browser used and thus permanently object to the setting of cookies. Such a setting of the Internet browser used would also prevent Google from setting a cookie on the information technology system of the person concerned. In addition, a cookie already set by Google Analytics can be deleted at any time via the Internet browser or other software programs.
You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie is set to prevent your information from being collected on future visits to this website:Disable Google Analytics
The data controller has integrated YouTube components into this website. YouTube is an Internet video portal that enables video publishers to post video clips and other users to view, rate and comment on them free of charge. YouTube allows the publication of all types of videos, which is why complete film and television programmes, but also music videos, trailers or videos made by users themselves can be accessed via the Internet portal.
The operating company of YouTube is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA. YouTube, LLC is a subsidiary of Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy, Mountain View, CA 94043-1351, USA.
Each time a YouTube component (YouTube video) has been integrated into one of the individual pages of this Internet site, which is operated by the data controller, the Internet browser on the information technology system of the person concerned is automatically prompted by the respective YouTube component to download a representation of the corresponding YouTube component from YouTube. Further information on YouTube can be found at https://www.youtube.com/yt/about/de/. As part of this technical process, YouTube and Google obtain information about which specific subpage of our website is visited by the person concerned.
If the person concerned is logged into YouTube at the same time, YouTube recognizes which specific subpage of our website the person concerned is visiting by calling up a subpage containing a YouTube video. This information is collected by YouTube and Google and assigned to the respective YouTube account of the person concerned.
YouTube and Google will receive information through the YouTube component that the person concerned has visited our website whenever that person is logged into YouTube at the same time as accessing our website, regardless of whether that person clicks on a YouTube video or not. If the data subject does not want YouTube and Google to receive such information, they may prevent the transmission by logging out of their YouTube account before visiting our website.
The data protection provisions published by YouTube, which can be accessed at https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/, provide information on the collection, processing and use of personal data by YouTube and Google.
12. Legal basis of the processing
Art. 6 I lit. a DSGVO serves our company as a legal basis for processing operations in which we obtain consent for a specific processing purpose. If the processing of personal data is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, as is the case, for example, with processing operations that are necessary for the delivery of goods or the provision of other services or consideration, the processing is based on Art. 6 I lit. b DSGVO. The same shall apply to such processing operations which are necessary for the implementation of pre-contractual measures, for example in cases of inquiries regarding our products or services. If our company is subject to a legal obligation requiring the processing of personal data, such as for the fulfilment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6 I lit. c DSGVO. In rare cases, the processing of personal data may become necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person. This would be the case, for example, if a visitor to our site were injured and his name, age, health insurance information or other vital information would have to be disclosed to a doctor, hospital or other third party. Then the processing would be based on Art. 6 I lit. d DSGVO.
Ultimately, processing operations could be based on Art. 6 I lit. f DSGVO. Processing operations that are not covered by any of the aforementioned legal bases are based on this legal basis if the processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party, provided that the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject do not predominate. Such processing operations are permitted to us in particular because they have been specifically mentioned by the European legislator. In this respect, it took the view that a legitimate interest could be assumed if the data subject is a customer of the data controller (recital 47 sentence 2 DSGVO).
13. Legitimate interests in the processing pursued by the controller or by a third party
If the processing of personal data is based on Article 6 I f DSGVO, our legitimate interest is the conduct of our business for the benefit of all our employees and shareholders.
14. Duration for which the personal data will be stored
The criterion for the duration of the storage of personal data is the respective legal retention period. After this period has expired, the corresponding data will be routinely deleted unless they are no longer required for the fulfilment or initiation of the contract.
15. Legal or contractual provisions governing the provision of personal data; necessity for the conclusion of the contract; obligation of the data subject to provide the personal data; possible consequences of not providing the data
We will inform you that the provision of personal data is partly required by law (e.g. tax regulations) or may result from contractual provisions (e.g. information on the contractual partner).
Sometimes it may be necessary for a contract to be concluded that a person concerned makes personal data available to us which must subsequently be processed by us. For example, the data subject is obliged to provide us with personal data if our company concludes a contract with him or her. Failure to provide personal data would mean that the contract could not be concluded with the data subject.
The data subject must contact one of our employees before providing personal data. Our employee will inform the data subject on a case-by-case basis whether the provision of personal data is required by law or contract or is necessary for the conclusion of a contract, whether there is an obligation to provide the personal data and the consequences of not providing the personal data.
16. Existence of an automated decision making process
As a responsible company, we refrain from automatic decision-making or profiling.
17. Google Web Fonts
This page uses so-called web fonts provided by Google for the uniform display of fonts. When you call up a page, your browser loads the required web fonts into its browser cache in order to display texts and fonts correctly. If your browser does not support web fonts, a standard font will be used by your computer.
18. SSL encryption
This site uses SSL encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests you send to us as a site operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from http:// to https:// and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL encryption is activated, the data that you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
The provider of the pages automatically collects and stores information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. These are:
- Browser type and browser version
- used operating system
- Referrer URL
- Hostname of the access the computer
- Time of the server request
These data cannot be assigned to specific persons. This data will not be merged with other data sources. We reserve the right to subsequently check this data if we become aware of concrete indications of illegal use.
20. Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps, the product of Google Inc. By using this website, you consent to the collection, processing and use of automated data by Google Inc, its agents and third parties.